Sunday, February 5, 2012


SALMON STUFFED WITH GOAT CHEESE AND SPINACH

Salmon is my favorite fish, well maybe in the top five.  It is  very common and easily found in most food markets.  The fun facts are they are born in fresh water, migrate to the ocean, live there from one to five years and then return to fresh water to reproduce.  Some say they actually return to where they were born to spawn making the long journey and swimming up-river.They are laden with heart healthy Omega 3’s, so enjoy and reap its many benefits! 
I made this and sat to eat with my husband and the phone rang. Don't you hate that?  I excused myself and  had to spend 15 minutes on the phone. (Bizz is Bizz).  I came back to my meal and was so hungry I zapped a bite of the salmon in my mouth and realized that it is amazing at room temperature. I was going to zap it in the Microwave, however CAUTION: as my kids words sounded in my head mentoring me : never use the microwave as it is not healthy.

So I was happy to realize that Salmon cooked this way is lovely at room temperature. So story learned ..double, triple etc the recipe and serve it  on a buffet!
Easy  and picturesque with the thin sliced lemons laying down it.


                    1 PD SALMON FILLET\2 OZ GOAT CHEESE
1 TABLESPOON DILL please use fresh or add additional dried dill.
             (YOU COULD USE TARRAGON, BASIL OR CHIVES)
1 CUP SPINACH CHOPPED ROUGHLY
1 LEMON
SALT AND PEPPER
DRIZZLE OF OLIVE OIL
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
If your salmon fillet is thick enough cut a slice in the middle and cut a pocket in it. Do not cut all the way through.  Mine was not so thick so I cut it in half and will use one piece for the bottom and one for the top. Sprinkle both sides with Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
Mix the herb of choice (dill is amazing with Salmon and Spinach. so easy ..do Dill first choice) with the goat cheese, half of lemon squeezed into cheese  mix and salt and pepper. Spread on the larger piece of the salmon.

Top with chopped spinach. Top with second half of the salmon. Place thinly sliced remaining half of lemon on top. Squeeze the very end of the lemon not used on top of all. Drizzle with olive oil.  Wrap in the foil and bake in the oven at 350 for 45=50 minutes. (If you like Salmon well done then ..yes .. cook it more)

TIPS:
DILL is amazing in most Salmon and and Spinach recipes.
You must learn what spices and herbs go together . It makes pairing so easy.
Large party:  Use two big fillets.  Do as above..double/triple ( got the idea)  the recipe but baking time  will need to be adjusted  (more)..

As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment