Friday, June 22, 2012

BBQ Pulled Pork Tenerdloin Sandwich


BBQ PULLED TENDERLOIN OF PORK SANDWICHES
Tasty Pork Sandwich

We have not had meat recently and I found a nice tenderloin of pork in the freezer.  I am not a huge fan of pork these days, but Bill does like all types of pork. I thought I would try to disguise the pork for me and yet let it stand up to a tasty meal for Bill!  BBQ Pork?
 Pulled pork is a very controversial subject in the way it is prepared between the northern states and southern states. (especially Carolina) Just about everyone has their take on what a true “pulled pork” is! I am just making something up and calling it pulled pork!
ONE GOOD EXPLANATION: “Pulled pork is a form of pork barbecue which involves cooking over slow heat for an extended period of time, slowly softening the connective tissue of the meat so that it can be pulled apart by hand.”  But the point is, the pork gets fork tender to shred with a fork or pull apart with your hands; be succulent to taste and what sauce selection one chooses, seems to be whatever you have or like.
 I don’t want to heat the kitchen and slow roast it in the oven for hours (we are over 100 degrees outside and my air conditioners are working hard).  I don’t have a slow cooker (I presume they have a place in the kitchen, just not in mine).  I do not have a BBQ outside, as we are in the midst of a move. So I thought about cutting cooking time down and thought TENDERLOIN!  A Tenderloin is the most tender cut of the pork cuts thus needing less time to cook.  That was my inspiration.
Seared and nice and brown

I medium sized tenderloin of pork
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
½ teaspoon salt and pepper each
Heat the pan to medium high heat with the olive oil.  Mix the paprika, salt and pepper and rub all over the pork.  Sear the meat on all sides. Meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking the following in a bowl.
Whisk the Sauce in a Bowl





¾ cup cider Vinegar
½ cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
¼ cup  brown sugar
¼ cup chopped onion
½ teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
2 dashes hot sauce or minced hot peppers (please make it to your heat level)
After a few minutes of searing the meat on each side add the sauce to the pan,  cover and place on simmer for 40 minutes on stove top (basting a few times and turning meat over) until the meat is fork tender (if you pull a fork down one side the meat falls apart).

Take two forks and pull the meat apart.  Serve on a bun, toasted or not. I would like to dress it with a coleslaw, but today I had no cabbage to make one, so I added thinly sliced onion to top it.
Make sure you spoon the sauce on the meat to make it nice and moist.
TIPS:
·        You can thinly slice the meat as well, but that changes the texture of a pulled sandwich.

·        Please do not be ashamed that you used bottled BBQ sauce!  Some are better than anything you can make. 

As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment