Thursday, May 30, 2013

MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE


MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE

 
I had my ladies group of friends in for a lovely luncheon recently.  They drove a good distance  to see me and a fabulous desert certainly was going to be on the menu!   Well, here is ONE!! Super great!
 I posted before some of the luncheon menu/recipes, but saved one UNBELIEVABLE Dessert recipe for you all.    I must say this is not mine.. I changed it a bit - basically not much, but it is a major keeper!

(This is prompted by my sweet friend Chase, who asked for a good dessert recipe: Chase this is for you) Chase: never fear my “special easy no-brainer cake recipe is coming.. But if you want to really wow that man/friend? Etc..!!  Try this!

2 cups cold heavy cream
12 ounces mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 (8-ounce) packages chocolate chip cookies
Whisk the cream, mascarpone, sugar, liqueur, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and vanilla slowly then on high speed until peaks form.
 
 
 
 
 

Place chocolate chip cookies flat in an 8-inch spring form pan, covering the bottom as much as possible) Spread a fifth of the mocha whipped cream evenly over the cookies.



 Place another layer of cookies on top, lying flat and touching, followed by another fifth of the cream. Continue layering cookies and cream until there are 5 layers of each, ending with a layer of cream. Smooth the top, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.

Run a small sharp knife around the outside of the cake and remove the sides of the pan. Sorry I cannot remember where I got this.

NO TIPS HERE.. not my recipe and it is amazing as it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment