Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Salmon Salad with Avocado

Salmon Salad with Avocado


I had a lovely piece of Salmon last evening and had some leftover which was not quite enough for a meal for two.  So I made a lovely big tossed salad in a big bowl.

I grabbed a large ripe avocado and wanted to fill it with a salmon salad.

1 large ripe avocado cut in half (pit removed)
4-6 oz of cooked salmon shredded
2 teaspoons minced onion
1/2 lemon juiced

Mix your salad base as you please. I used lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sliced mushrooms,sesame seeds, and some onion.   I dressed it lightly with a thousand island dressing. Toss all together and plate. 

Mix the inside of the avocado, salmon which you have shredded, salt and pepper to taste and lemon juice and fill  each half shell with the mixture.  Place on top of the salad and enjoy.The avocado will become a creamy dressing in itself for the rest of the salad.


TIPS:
  • I make stuffed avocado halves with a crab salad or shrimp salad as a side salad or side dish. This is a variation.

As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment