Friday, June 28, 2013

THAI CURRY MUSSELS


 THAI CURRY MUSSELS

Found mussels on sale for 4 dollars for a whole 2 Pd bag!  So had to pick them up.  I usually do a marinara sauce and remembered I had a can of coconut milk and red Thai Curry paste. I am experimenting here as my husband says “he does not like coconut”, but I never saw him turn down a Pina Colada – so let’s see how this goes.
1 tablespoon peanut or olive oil

3 cloves of garlic minced
Bit of diced ginger
¼ cup minced onion
1/2 cup white wine
3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 can unsweeten coconut milk
1-2 fresh lime juice
1 lemon juiced (lemongrass would be best but I don’t have any)
2 pound bag mussels, debearded and scrubbed
2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
1 tablespoon parsley (Should use cilantro but I do not care for it)

In a large pot sauté in the oil the onion and garlic.  Place the lemon, lime, milk, wine and curry in pot and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mussels and cover simmering until the mussels open and then add the basil and parsley and cook 1 minute more.
Serve in large bowls (with sauce) with a crusty piece of bread  

TIPS:
I have none as this was so good. I will try to come up with a soup recipe with the extra broth.

As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!








No comments:

Post a Comment