Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Baked Chichen and Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic



Baked Chicken and Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic




I had planned to make Tacos with some leftover chili/avocado/tomato/lettuce and hot peppers but at the last minute I realized I lacked one of the main ingredients TACO SHELLS!

I quickly grabbed a large chicken breast from the freezer and set it to thaw.  Without a lot of time to cook tonight, I thought what I could make that did not need me watching a grill or pan on the stove and decided a baked dish would be simple and easy.  I just picked some fresh Rosemary from my end of the year crop and decided I wanted to use that as well.
I made this for two but it can easily be multiplied.  It was rich with flavor and yet simple to prepare.


Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast
2 medium white potatoes
1 large garlic clove minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary roughly chopped
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Peel and cut potatoes into one inch pieces.  Boil in water until fork tender (about 8 minutes)
Cut the breast lengthwise into two pieces.
Chop the rosemary and mince the garlic. Mix all the spices together and sprinkle 1/2 on the Chicken. 




Let it sit while the potatoes boil.   







     Drain the potatoes and toss in the remaining spiced mixture.  Lay the potatoes and chicken (so all get a chance to cook evenly) in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with the olive oil.

Bake in oven at 375. For 15 minutes – until chicken is cooked.   



   Remove the chicken and tent with foil to keep warm as you replace the potatoes in the oven and turn the heat to broil.  Cook about 5 minutes until the potatoes brown on the top edges.
 
Serve and pour any juices in the dish over all.

TIPS:
Add your favorite vegetables and or salad for an easy no fuss dinner.
Use red potatoes and you will not need to peel them.



As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment