Sunday, November 4, 2012

YOUR LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD GREEK BAKERY!


YOUR LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD GREEK BAKERY!

 

In Greece it seems one can only walk about 3 blocks before you find your ”local bakery”!  Being the foodie I am, I have to meander in each and every one I come across to just gaze at the mired of breads, toasts, sticks and cheese/spinach pies.  The aroma just pulls you in and what temptation you are faced with!

The newer generation of Greeks are much more healthy and diet conscience than years of past.  So my question is…who patronizes all these bakeries?  I do for one!

I thought to just give you a look at the “local bakery” near my girl’s office.




Baskets of "sticks", biskets


Bowls of cookies on the counter as well.




Baskets of loaves of bread
 

 

I actually would have more pictures but I was kindly asked to stop taking pictures. I presume due to the possibility I would steal an idea or two?  Who knows? 

Can’t you just smell the aroma?
 
Now I have shared a  bit of  "my Greece" with you, I promise to get back to blogging my  cooking.

As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment