Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Seaweed Salad (cold)


Seaweed Salad (cold)
Use a fork or chop sticks!

I would like to credit my two daughters who turned me on to good Japanese food.    Who knew I would fall in love with Sushi and the wonderful side dishes.
One time dining at our daughter’s favorite local Sushi restaurant (Blue Finn), we had a seaweed salad that both Bill (Yikes- really he loved it and ordered one more!) and myself loved!  I wanted to eat that salad but never found or knew how to make it.  Since then,  I found a good seaweed salad in Whole Foods, but it was so much money.
I have been on a quest to make my own (since finding the Korean market ASISS) , one that would come as close as possible to Blue Finn’s.  It is not perfected, but I think it is great!   Yes, Blue Finn’s will win hands down!  Try this and play with the spices..  I think the salt preserved seaweed  is the best over dried seaweed.
• 12 oz dried seaweed packed in Salt Rinsed well

 •1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
 •1 1/2tablespoons rice vinegar (without seasoning)
 •1/4 teaspoon sugar
 •3/4 tablespoons sesame oil
 •1 scallions, thinly sliced
 •1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
 •1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

My new secret (I just could never get this recipe right- so use this type of seaweed: BUT rinse and rinse)


SALTED PRESERVED FRESH SEAWEED:   Rinse seaweed.  Then take the Seaweed and soak in water for a few minutes and change water. Repeat 4-5 times until the salt is removed. Set out to dry.


Mix the dressing and add to the seaweed. Refrigerate for one day.  Enjoy!
I am so happy to figure out a good Seaweed Salad!
Hope you all like it, as I made it finally! Yes Seaweed salad made at home!

  As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment