Sunday, July 29, 2012

ZUCCHINI BREAD


Moist Zucchini Bread
ZUCCHINI BREAD

I purchased a basket of zucchini fresh from the farm and made my Zucchini Bread recipe and froze the mini loafs for use later on.

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine in a mixer the ingredients in a mixer and blend for about 3-4 minutes until all is incorporated. Most bakers suggest keeping the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another and then mix the wet into the dry.  Personally, I am not that picking and pretty much dump all ingredients randomly together. I do beat my eggs first in a bowl.
Bake in 2 standard loaf pans or 5-6 smaller loaf pans which have been sprayed with PAM..  I choose the smaller ones so I could freeze the extra ones (being only two in the household) The larger pans will take about one hour to bake and the mini pans about 45 minutes.
TIPS:
  • Add nuts to batter or raisins before baking
  •  
  • As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!
  •  
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment