Sunday, April 28, 2013

EGGPLANT, ZUCCHINI AND FETA CHEESE PATTIES


EGGPLANT, ZUCCHINI AND FETA PATTIES


Excuse the pan
I read a recipe that made eggplant patties and I decided to play a bit and came up with this and I  just think they are so good. The basil was the herb that just added such flavor.  The recipe I had seen used Kasseri cheese and substituted Parmesan.   I think it could be made in a loaf pan just as well and baked a bit longer.

1small or ½ large eggplant skin on -diced
1 medium zucchini  skin – on diced
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
¼ cup feta crumbled
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1/8 cup panko bread crumbs
1 egg
Drizzle olive oil

Place eggplant and zucchini on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until tender and just lightly browned.  Place in bowl with all other ingredients and mix well.  

Form patties and place on the same baking sheet and bake 375 for about 15 minutes until set and lightly browned.

TIP:

·        I baked instead of frying them
·        You could add a coating of egg wash and bread crumbs and fry. But why add the calories?

·        I think the fresh basil is the main punch of taste but you could add oregano instead

As always be your own Creative Dump Cook and change this recipe to what YOU have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment